The Senior Consultant is the Project Team’s day-to-day manager “on the ground” and is responsible for the successful on-time completion of the tasks required to address the issues of primary concern to the client. As such, the Senior Consultant is the day-to-day client contact. In addition, Senior Consultants help manage and develop junior staff as appropriate.
- Supports the development of Proposals including research into the potential client, competitors, issues and analyses required.
- With Client and Team input, helps develop the project plan including activities, timing and resources required.
- Creates issue analyses, identifies analyses required to address the issues, identifies the data required to do the analyses.
- Assists in the on-time on-budget development of Progress Reviews and Final Project Reports and all they entail, most particularly the development of “The Answer.”
- Manages the day-to-day activities of junior project team members, as well as any client personnel involved with collecting data, doing analyses and drawing conclusions.
- Keeps senior staff up to date in a timely fashion regarding progress, issues and roadblocks.
- Identifies areas of inquiry that might benefit the Client in future work.
- Develops close and enduring working relationships with mid-level Client personnel.
An MBA from a leading business school, and at least 3-5 years of subsequent work experience, are required. Prior, demonstrable experience in project management, preferably with a consulting firm, is essential. In addition, direct knowledge of and experience in the pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable.
Successful candidates for the Senior Consultant position will be
- Smart and analytical;
- Able to come up with and see through fact-based analyses, and draw conclusions from same;
- Able to effectively work with and through other people, both Amundsen and client team members;
- Knowledgeable about the issues and opportunities in the Pharmaceutical industry;
- Able to communicate orally and in writing, particularly about complex subjects;
- Able to deal well with deadlines and pressure;
- Very thorough and detail oriented.
Salary and bonus commensurate with education and experience. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Amundsen Group
The Amundsen Group brings a team of seasoned consultants and new approaches that are at the forefront of today’s pharmaceutical sales and marketing environment and can help you navigate the daunting challenges that lie ahead.
January 25, 2013
September 20, 2012
May 8, 2012
January 17, 2012